Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our time was short but Epic

so Jaden is gone. I woke up this morning to some very loud chirping. i though it was the birds outside btu nope it was sweet lil Jaden. so i opened his box and tried to give him water...nothing
tried to give him some millet...nothing. But he tried to jump out of the box.
I decided to take him out in my backyard and see what he was doing....he hopped right out of the box and explored around, chirping while he did. Seemed like he was calling for help cause when i went to put him back in the box and screeched and squacked and threatened to bite me. He held his mouth agape...in a defensive position. I decided to leave him but keep an eye..in case i needed to intervene on his behalf. He stayed still unless i backed away from him. Then he would come out from hiding, hopping, chirping.

I discovered he is a mocking bird. Cause I heard another, more mature chirp while he called. An adult mocking bird flew over, looking for him, or wondering where his chirp was coming from. Jaden kept close to the house walls...and the adult wouldnt come near the house. SO they were left waiting for the other. I slowly increased my distance between myself and Jaden, hoping that if i was far away he and the adult would find each other and be on their way. I ended up back in the house and before I knew it I couldnt find Jaden.....

SO thats that. I will miss his little angry face

No comments: