Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not so different




This is Jaden. I found him today at my aunt's house. Well, actually her dog Dixie found him. But I saved him and have taken him home to care for him. He's definitely not a baby baby bird but he looks pretty young still. He let me pick him up no fuss or mess (by mess i mean poo). He's sleeping in my room in a shoe box and a lil bed made of a flet scarf I cut for him. :)
I gave him water and put some bird seed in his box.


If hasn't eaten any by the morning, Ill have to force feed him or go to the pet store to buy meal worms....mmmmm

OH the memories I had as a child. We rescued a bird when i was little. The legendary Buttercup. The baby bird who would jump on the edge o the basket once it was opened, excitingly waiting for her meal, hand-fed to her. The flying lessons........oh baby

So, my new project, so to speak, raising a baby bird :) I can feel my maternal instinct kicking in...haha

1 comment:

Vanessa Monet said...

Buttercup...she was so cute.
don't forget our little dixie chicks either.
Good luck with Jaden...he's a cutie bella!