Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pour 'em out and pop 'em

11 pills before bed + twice already today, being taken since Sunday (3x throughout the day)= 99 pills consumed.
I do not have a drug problem.
I have either a stye or a chalazion on my eye. Its pretty much a clogged eyelash follicle or pore. It is pretty gnarly. I'll spare you looking at a picture of it. I have had it since....(backtracking)...last wed or thursday. And it seems to persist and ruin my self-esteem and ability to want to go out in public.
For treatment, I resolved to home remedies My dad got the whole family hooked on homeopathic medicine so we do all we can to stay away from common practice medicine and use things such as herbs and vitamins to solve our health woes.
When, I first got this "mutation", as I like to call it, I used stye eyedrops and diluted echinacea that i rubbed around my eye with a Q-tip. I moved to putting a warm compressant on it every now and again. That didn't seem to do much so I stopped. I also took echinacea and golden seal in capsule form. I stopped using the echinacea on my eye and used some drops my sister got from our doctor for the cataract-thing on her eye to lubricate it and keep it from irritating the rest of her eye. I had to stop the drops all together either saturday or sunday because my eye felt like I had been swimming in a swimming pool charged with chlorine.
During all of this the growth on my eye has gotten bigger, redder, and kinda hard.
If this is grossing you out, I encourage you to not read any further.
It is on my bottom lid, along my lash line. Tonight, the figure of it is that of those miniture jawbreaker candies but not the tiny ones...one up them.
SUnday, my dad advised me to take a bunch of supplements to help fight this thing.
Bromagest for something. Allergy max, which has some natural antibiotics in it, Boswellia for pain, yes there is some burning and hurting, vitamin d for something, vitamin c for obviously reasons, vitamin e to help digest all of these pills smoothly, an inflammatory mix to ease the inflammation and a bunch of other stuff.
heres my nightly ritual
1. as done throughout the day, put warm compressant on eye for a few minutes
2. get pills out
3. mix vitamin c powder and inflammation tonic together
4. take all of 11 pills with tonic
5. rest easy
It seems to help I guess, the mass isn't any bigger and seems to be coming to the end of its eternal course (oxymoron?).
But I am going to our homeopathic doctor tomorrow to see what he thinks and to see if he can speed up the process being that I have to go to my sister's HS grad on thursday and EVERYONE i know will be there.

wish me luck and speedy recovery.
a toast to ur own health

1 comment:

Vanessa Monet said...

sounds very un-fun. What did Dr. M say?