Saturday, November 15, 2008

" I geeked out"

"what has two thumbs and hates Todd Packer?"
<---"This GUY!!" John Krasinski who portrays the sweet yet mischevious Jim Halpert on the Office. And if you watch it, you'll know where this quote is from. and am going to be a ridiculous girl and simply say," i love him and i think he's awesome." ok done.<3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgW-sbSXZYDcSFfYKqdYCPkcdWs-fkMnHrkXBvLl11T1tFi8PiI4V9ACRdMri0L5W33of2cyk3Jv59iwGyIQ8ctEgWxboAzHVzkxudCrx80LTbbrXYuWGfdjpGMmKr0kNS2PCMD0n3pG6o/s1600-h/IMG_8726.JPG"> I met up with them there after class...pth. Ingrid got her a coach clutch which I hear from others that she adores it! Mom and Dad are getting her a Hope chest. Hope chests are the bug awesome wooden chests that you could store your blankets, sweaters, slipper collection, anything. They thought it would be cool for her to have when she gets her own place. I got her this white knitted sweater from Swell that has big brown buttons on it. She really wanted it so I got it! And friday night, a party was held in ashley and friend sam's honor, being their birthdays are a day apart. I made her an applesauce cake so it didn't have any dairy!! It turned out wonderfully. I got it from A betty crocker cook book.It doesn't have any frosting and a baked it in a Bundt cake pan. :) And according to the guys who took some of the cake home, it goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
Ingrid had her birthday last month but she got Vanessa gift(s) in the mail the other day. My Nessa is so thoughtful. She created this sweet tradition. You can read it in her blog. But ingrid opened her box of delights and my parents documented.

and here she is opening some of her many gifts...she is obviously tickled by the thoughtful and sweet presents!!

ok now and final thing. LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

awesome huh? And where did I find it? Good question. My backyard!!
Ya. who knew you could actually find treasure chests in your backyard? I didn't! Im just as shocked as you are but much more thrilled! You cant tell very well with the picture but it has a very old-just washed-up-on-the-beach look to it. the chipped painted is a seafoamy green (its like it was made for me) and the metal trimming is very tarnished and rusted. this little number brighten my week. perhaps my month. I had to clean spider webs out of it and dust it off non the less it is now gorgeous. I have decided to use it to store my art supplies, or at least most of it. My paints, sketching pencils, watercolor pencils and most of my brushes ( my bigger ones pictured with chest have to be store elsewhere). Im so happy i came upon this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm excited to see how your creativity will display itself upon your treasure chest :)

Chanelle said...

well, tom, thats very sweet of you. thank you for passing through

Vanessa Monet said...

Bella!
I love your blog....and when I come home from Christmas we should do some more photos together.
And where the heck did you find that chest?!!? I have no idea where that could have been....one of the sheds? Did you go digging somewhere?

Chanelle said...

NO! thats the weird thing....ya know the huge pile of dead plants it was just chillin there in all of its simple beauty waiting for me to find it!!
But yes when you come home we will def have a lil photo shoot of our own.. ;)