Monday, June 29, 2009

Flying high

Finally! They are here!
My belated debriefing of my trip to the East Coast.
As you may know, I went to Connecticut in May for my cousin Alyssa's graduation from the Coast Guard Academy.
And I have for you here pictures from my travels to Connecticut!
Shot from the airplane. Sweet.



They call this the "parade." Its a drill where the stand with their company and they present the colors and fire the cannons! Its really cool to watch.



Alyssa with her mom and brother Bradley at graduation. She is now Ensign Alyssa Van Delden!



The graduation ceremony. The Secretary of Homeland Security was their speaker.




Got to see my cousin, Christine's baby, Devin. SOO adorable and soo happy.





Took a train to the Big Apple!
You don't realize how crazy it is until you're there. And you literally have to walk everywhere.
This is Times Square.
Saw the huge Toys R' Us store
Trump Tower.
Went to Tiffany Co.
Fifth Avenue.



Visited the Famous Central Park. Another place you don't realize the hugeness of size. But it definitely grand!



Drove to Boston with my cousin Pierre and Brad and sister Ingrid. I'm pretty sure I definitely want to live here. All of the buildings are brick and there's a lovely harbor.



*(from left) Bradley, me, Pierre at the harbor in Boston!




Made a stop in New Haven and fell in love with Yale. If I'm going to grad school, it would be here or NYU. Vanessa almost went here....<3



I'm pretty sure this is the Sterling Memorial library at Yale. There is gorgeous architecture here. There's a hallway in this library that had pillars so intricately carved I could study them forever. Oh, and the stain glass windows! Drool...



Our last visit for the trip was Newport, Rhode Island. We did the mansion walk. If you have never heard of this, there's a path you can walk long the cliff in Newport and along these cliffs are huge, amazing, stunning mansions. NAY! Castles!



This house left me breathless. For sure my favorite from the ones I was able to see. We didn't do the whole walk because its actually really long and it started to rain. I was awestruck when I saw this house. First off, it had a gorgeous tall rod-ironed fence for an entrance with brick pillars. There was a perfectly tended to garden and shrubs surround the perimeter of the property. Oh to be wealthy...


Well, that concludes a summary of my trip to the east coast. Very much in love with it. My kinda environment. I loved that all the houses on the eastern coast were so different and seemed to hold a piece of our country's history in its very foundation, unlike the cookie-cutter houses here in California. :(

I'd love to go back soon and spend more time in New York and Boston and visit the surroundings states. Hope you enjoyed and again my apologies for taking so long to post these.



No comments: