Monday, December 15, 2008

There was a whole lot of rain today. LOVED IT!! I guess it started raining around midnight pretty hard and kept going till after 2 this afternoon? I dont know it rained a lot though!!

I was able to do some baking this last week. Ashley asked me to bring something to our Young Adults group Christmas party. I wanted to make sujies ( dutch version of creme puffs) but since I had class the night of the party I had to make something that would be durable to last sitting in a car for at least two hours. My final decision was cupcakes. Oh, and not any ordinary cupcakes friends, HOLIDAY cupcakes....o0o0o




These cupcakes are Vanilla Betty Crocker cupcakes. However, the exterior of the cupcakes are handmade. The frosting is buttercream that I made from a recipe I found online. It is so delicious. I was afraid it would be too sweet but it was creamy and buttery and AMAZING. I colored it a minty green with food coloing (duh). The holly I made with white chocolate. I find that it hardens faster than milk chocolate. I simply melted the chocolate in two different bowl in the microwave, stirring every so as to not burn it. I food colored them and placed them into baggies, cut off the tips and then piped into shape onto a cookie sheet and wax paper. Then, when chocolate harden placed onto the cupcake.

1 comment:

Vanessa Monet said...

mmmmm yummy. I want one. I'm starving....maybe I should eat lunch! We'll have to bake when I come home bella!