Friday, September 5, 2008

Over and under the weather

SO I started my first week of public, totally cheap, as I've been constantly reminded by my ever-so-wanting-to-save-money mother, parking-less college. Its, um, different to say the least. the professors seem to be pretty chill, like to through cuss words around casually and express how much they love africa (this includes one professor). My fellow classmates are an utter delight!; smelling of cigarette smoke or smacking on their gum like they had tar stuck in their teeth.

As you can tell I am thoroughly enjoying myself here. :) The first day was actually good.It was my physical science class (aka Physics) and the teacher was quite the jokester and I was beginning to this "I actually might like it here" 5 out of my soon-to-be 7 classes are at night. that's right! 5 days a week I am at school from 6-9:30, further adding to my growing adoration of the school. Anyways, I was walking back into the classroom after our last break and noticed a girl walk up to the professor trying to explain why she was two hours late to class. Hear voice sounded almost familiar but I couldnt really see her face to see if she looked it. I sat down at my seat as she sat somewhere in the back. He called her up to his desk to get her name and I heard him say " so thats C-H-O-I?" And I said to myself "No Way!" If you don't remember, Kimberly Choi was one of my really good friends in grade school. I remember her being so tall and graceful looking to me and having these strange jelly korean treats that were delish! SO, Im sitting there thinking should I say hi to her after class, will she remember me? anyways called mom after class and she urged me to greet her so as soon as i get off the phone, Kimberly walks out of the class and our eyes meet.

ANd I say," DO I know you?"

Kim looks at me backing away like I had a contagious disease and in a wary voice " CHHHanelle?"

Me:" Oh my Gosh, Kim?"

we both laugh and hug and talked a little about ourselves and how crazy it was that we are in the same class. ANyways, I thought it was cool.

But since that joyous moment, nothing seemed to thrill me about the school. I saw Tara Holguin at school and chatted how we were poor and couldnt afford our previous college and were now left to go to RCC and my class of Health science seems somewhat amusing. This class by the way is the class with the proud african professor. He has the right to be I know but it might be a bit much for my taste. Oh, and its the class that has a chapter on sex that mom and dad seemed eager to make me uncomfortable with..
Dad: I bet its gonna get crazy when you guys start talking about the sex chapter

Me: ya that what the professor said but whatever its only a chapter

Mom: so what else are you covering?

Me: Um, mental health, physical fitness, alcohol...

Mom: and sex?

Me: Um ya...? and drugs and...

Dad: sex?

Me: yes ( with an annoyed look) Its not that big of a deal guys just get over it...

Oh the joys of being a child and having your parents think talking about sex is awkward and weird...IT is when you're around...

lets see some more happy moments at school...

Oh I know its a billion degrees here and I have no A/C.. doesnt seem to bad. I can take it right?
SURE!

Unless you are in the car for an hour and a half, with NO A/C, looking for a parking space at school and missing your class!!








good times good times.....................................

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh i remember those fruit jelly things!!

Vanessa Monet said...

BAHAHAHA....chanelle you crack me up. This post REEKS of sarcasm. awesome.
Oh, and the part about the biology class....hilarious. I can so see that going down with mom and dad right now. still laughing!

i am glad you found a familiar face though....hopefully its going better, now that there is some camaraderie.

LOVE YOU